Sunday 20 November 2011

Toast Sandwiches?!?!?!?!

14 Days, 336 Hours, 20160 Seconds, or 5.0400000000000005e+26 Helium Half-Lives.  However its written down, I have done it!

Smoke free for 2 weeks, and it's fair to say the cravings have faded to the point I don't even notice them at the moment.  So forget the celebrations and all that soppy crud, I'm gonna focus today's blog entry on the running and the diet (or lack of)!

Got up today, and thought 'sod it', if I don't go now, it will end up like yesterday, and I won't bother.  So I donned my shoes, put on my watch, had a quick stretch, and headed out for a 6 mile LSR.  Was aiming for 10 minute miles, but ended up with approximately a 09:54 average, a little faster than planned.

New shoes are feeling good, no rubbing and no aches, so that problem seems to have been solved by two £20 notes in Sports Direct.

I'm really starting to get into the running now, but since I started 3 or 4 weeks ago, I have gained over half a stone!  I don't know if this is me substituting the ciggies for snacks, or just the general idea of, 'I'll eat what I want, cos I'm training'.  For example, I saw an article in the news about the cheapest lunch idea.  It was a toast sandwich, literally what the title suggests, 2 slices of buttered bread with a slice of dry toast in between.  Now I thought it sounded a bit weird, and probably not to my liking, however, I was in the kitchen preparing some mince for a lasagne, when I decided to try it, and I'll be having it more often!

It was amazing!  How I had never thought about it before I don't know and the possibilities are endless!  I may even push the boundaries and add cheese to the mix tomorrow!

Well, best go and finish cooking this lasagne, oh and did I mention its been over 2 weeks since my last ciggy!!!!!

Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment