Sunday 13 November 2011

A New Week, A New Era........

Well the first week is well and truly over with, and boy do I feel good!  I suppose the feeling is comparable to getting over a severe hangover on a Sunday afternoon, when a Maccy's breakfast and a full fat coke didn't even dent the sides!
On a side note, I would like this opportunity to apologise to my wife and kids for their patience in dealing with the mood swings and general disgruntled nature of my attempt to stay of the ciggies.  You guys are my rock, and I have dedicate this crusade to you guys as well as myself.  I really do appreciate your support.

On a lighter note, I went running today and nearly damn near killed myself.  I thought I'd slip my gear on and attempt the monthly 1 mile time trial challenge on the running forum.  In my naive head, I thought, 'I'll do the mile, then I'll slow down a bit and smash my 2 mile PB, then if I'm feeling good, I'll go on and smash my 5k PB'.  In reality, I was incredibly wrong.  I had a quick stretch and a few hundred metre warm up, set up my watch (which incidentally was fully charged!), and hit the tarmac.  Within quarter of a mile, I knew I wasn't doing more than 1 mile, my watch displaying an erratic pace range of 05:27 to 10:19 per mile.  I completed the first half mile quickly, and knew I was going to suffer on the remainder of the time trial.  Well blow me down, I was nearly dead.  It literally took me fifteen minutes to regain my breath and stop coughing up crap!  But 07:05 was a good result, and maybe with a bit more regulation of my pace, I can hammer my goal of 07:00 for this year.

The real training starts tomorrow, I have a training schedule ready.  I'll be up at half 4 for a 2 mile easy run, then off to work, where the challenge of not smoking will be truly tested!

Well, I was hoping this entry would last the length of the X Factor, but unfortunately I have run out of things to write about and there is still ages left, so on that note, I'm off to sit through the rest of the worst karaoke night in England!

No comments:

Post a Comment