Monday 7 November 2011

24 Hours In And Feeling Good!

So, woke up this morning with not even the slightest urge to have a smoke.  Made myself some egg on toast and a brew, then took the little 'un to school, then made the first mistake of the day...... went for a run.

I learnt a few things today....

1. Just because you have quit smoking for the last 24 hours, does not give you super human power and speed! Trying to run at a 07:30 is stupidity, especially when you can't run a 07:30 pace!

2.  Running less than half hour after eating egg on toast is a bad idea and your run is doomed from the start!  Chronic stich after 2 miles.  Tasted nice though.

3. All dogs should be kept on leads!  I'm not a great fan of big dogs, unless I know them well.  About a mile into today's run I was surrounded by two massive dogs which in turn made me freeze.  By the time the owner had rounded up her herd, my legs had gotten stiff and setting off again was a struggle.

Anyway, I planned to do 5k today and only achieved 2.28 miles - legs were stiff, got a stich, etc, etc...

1st mile - 07:48
2nd mile - 09:15, but I was stationary for 24 seconds due to horrible dogs according to garmin..

Altogether managed 2.28 miles in 19:36, avg pace 08:36.

Lets hope Wednesday's run is better.  Aiming for a slow paced 10k.

Thanks for reading.

Russ

No comments:

Post a Comment