Saturday 26 November 2011

End of Week 3....

So it's the end of week 3, the apparent 'attempt destroyer' and allegedly the hardest week of the campaign.  To me it was nothing, I really can't believe how easy it has been on this occasion.

There is a few problems involved.  I don't know how long they will last, or how to stop them, but I'm sure I can overcome/get rid of them.

The first one is the taste in my mouth.  It is absolutely foul!  Comparable to the morning after smoking 20 ciggies on a night out!  Now I'm assuming it's coming up from my lungs, I don't know, but it's doing my head in.  On the plus side, it's a harsh reminder of what life was like constantly just over 3 weeks ago, and if my mouth always tasted like this, I must have been a horrible person to be around!

The second problem is the diet/weight gain.  I think I have figured out the reason, but have yet to find the cure or manage the situation!  People say weight gain is a part of the quitting process as it substituting the hand to mouth action by using food.  I say that is utter bollocks!

We are all conscious of what we eat in our own way, whether we know it or not.  I think until I am not actively thinking of not smoking, the ability to think about what I'm eating is completely on the back burner.  Therefore, where will this weight gain end!  I went on a 5 week diet not long before my attempt to quit smoking, and lost nearly 21 pounds.  In the last 3 weeks, I have gained nearly 14 pounds.  As I sit watching the X Factor (again) with my take away pizza, I am slowly working out my plan!!!

As to the running, I think my legs have finally gotten over the aches and pains from Wednesday's 10k X-Country run, so it's back to the pavements tomorrow for a 6 mile LSR, although I'll probably stop outside my house and record 5.81 miles.

Until tomorrow.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment