Tuesday 8 November 2011

Day 3: Still going strong.....

09:34
Well over the 48 hour mark now, so it is technically day 3.  Plan was to have a day off the running today, but the way I'm feeling, I need to get out on the road to take my mind of the ciggies.  Cravings havent been to bad to be honest, but I'm in no doubt they will get stronger over the next few weeks, but hey ho, the joys of getting clean!

If I go for a run, I'll update this post, and to be honest, I'll probably update this post at some point today for a general moan about something!

11:02
Well that niggling feeling is starting to win...... that's that little niggling feeling about wanting to go for a run when you are on a rest day, not the cravings!

I still haven't decided if I will go for a run or not yet, but I did get as far as planning a 10k route, setting it as a course on my Garmin, and setting the tiny little man on my watch to run it in exactly an hour.....  He will probably win, but at least I would have run 10k, and figured out how to use some of the features on my relatively new gadget!  Boys and their toys!

11:55
About to get ready for that run.  Finally decided that I needed to do something with my day!

Wow, OMG, I dont believe it, etc, etc, etc..........

Now I know people go on about the benefits of stopping smoking, but come on, get serious!

I just went out for a 10k training run (TO SEE IF I COULD DO THE DISTANCE), and not only did I finish it, I actually beat my target time for the year on a training run! Dont get me wrong, I'm pooped, but the benefits of 51 hours off the smokes cant be that evident already!

Breakdown:

Mile 1 - 00:08:53
Mile 2 - 00:09:05
Mile 3 - 00:09:09
Mile 4 - 00:09:23
Mile 5 - 00:08:56
Mile 6 - 00:08:32
Extra Wee Bit - 00:01:51

Total Time - 00:55:49
Avg Pace: 00:08:59 ish

That is 4 SECONDS off my target time!!!

Wooooo Hoooooo!

Sorry, therunningruss is a little excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment