Wednesday 16 November 2011

The Frustrations of A Modern Fighter........

Work has been busy as hell!  There are definitely down sides to working on modern technology.  The thought processes can absolutely destroy your day, but the pros far outweigh the cons.  How I've managed to survive 3 full shifts at work without a tab, I will never know, the weird thing is, I've not been tempted once!

It's strange how one relatively small book can change one's outlook, and I don't mean the bible!

Well, I've managed a full 10 days of the ciggies now, and accumulated a massive saving of £56 in the process.  Take off the £39.99 for a new pair of running shoes, and I suppose it can be viewed as a profit of £16.01.  I more than likely won't see a penny of this, but hey ho, I know I earned it!

Managed to blag an hour off work to go do some training:

4 x 800m @ 08:20 - 08:40, with 200m recoveries @ 10:00 - 10:30

With the warm up and cool down, a total of 4.2 miles.

I'm tired now, and should probably go to bed early, but probably won't!  There is far too much idiotic information to obtain from the television this time of the evening!

1 comment:

  1. Well done Russ on sticking to the plan and dumping the evil weed. I was 44 when I stopped and it was one of the best decisions I ever made (apart from starting running).
    Well done on the 800m reps too, not an easy distance. Well, not for me!

    ReplyDelete